WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CHILD TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS- HOW TO INFORM SCHOOL
During normal term-time weeks, please ring school.
During weekends and school holidays, please email: email@example.com telling us when your child's symptoms started and which symptoms they have (if they have symptoms), the date of the test and the date when you received a positive result. These emails will be monitored once a day and then any parents with children who have been a contact of a positive case, and staff too, can be informed via the school APP and advised regarding self-isolation.
The link below contains Youtube clips of advice around Coronavirus available in different languages:
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.